To access SNL's ECN Capacity Clusters, SRN Capacity Clusters and SRN Advanced Architecture Testbeds. Note: For more information on logging into the Advanced Architecture Testbeds, please see the Advanced Architecture FAQ entry How do I log in to a testbed?
SSH to srngate.sandia.gov using your preferred method;
- From a terminal window
- ssh -l email@example.com srngate.sandia.gov (or just your SNL UserID depending on where your are coming from. If one fails, try the other)
- Use the passcode from your SNL issued CryptoCard as your password when prompted.
- From an SSH Client
- Host Name: srngate.sandia.gov
- Port: 22
- Username: SNL UserID
- Password: Passcode from SNL issued CryptoCard
From the srngate menu (pictured above);
- Select option 2 kinit Acquire kerberos credentials to get Kerberos credentials
- At the password prompt, enter your SNL SRN Kerberos password
- You will be returned to the srngate menu above, select option 1 ssh session to ssh to a specific system
- Try the system name e.g. "skybridge". If that doesn't work, try a specific login node name. Login nodes are usually in machine-login[1,2,...] format.
- Most HPC clusters and testbeds will use the SRN Kerberos password. A notable exception is Solo, which will use an ECN password.