To access SNL’s ECN Capacity Clusters, SRN Capacity Clusters and SRN Advanced Architecture Testbeds. Note: For more information on logging into the Advanced Architecture Testbeds, please see the Advanced Architecture FAQ entry How do I log in to a testbed?
SSH to srngate.sandia.gov using your preferred method
From a terminal window
ssh -l firstname.lastname@example.org srngate.sandia.gov (or just your SNL UserID depending on where your are coming from. If one fails, try the other)
Use the passcode from your SNL issued CryptoCard or Yubikey as your password when prompted.
From an SSH Client
Host Name: srngate.sandia.gov
Username: SNL UserID
Password: Passcode from SNL issued CryptoCard or Yubikey
From the srngate menu (pictured above);
- Select option 2 kinit Acquire kerberos credentials to get Kerberos credentials
- At the password prompt, enter your SNL Unclassified Kerberos password
- You will be returned to the srngate menu above, select option 1 ssh session to ssh to a specific system
- Try the system name e.g. "skybridge". If that doesn’t work, try a specific login node name. Login nodes are usually in machine-login[1,2,…] format.
- Most HPC clusters and testbeds will use the SRN Kerberos password or Yubikey pin + output. A notable exception is Solo, which will use an ECN password.